Sunday, January 31, 2010

My 2010 Grammy Observations

Until tonight, I hadn't watched an awards show since the nineties, but I could not miss the Michael Jackson tribute, so I tuned in to the Grammy awards. (For those of you that don't know, I am a HUGE Michael Jackson fan.) I made a few observations along the way:

~ I am so out of touch with pop culture. I had no idea who most of the presenters were. I didn't even know that Jamie Foxx sang that song! Remember him in this?

~ I want a Ringo Starr action figure. He is so adorable and travel-sized.

~ George Clinton is still so very stylish, in his own special way.


~ I would like to thank Beyonce and JLo for making my butt shape popular and sexy. Although every time I see Beyonce perform, I remember we are the same age, and I think, FML.

~Miley Cyrus really does sound like Mike Tevee from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. (The idea originally planted in my head by Preston & Steve.)

~ I love T-Payne, but only due to his appearances on SNL.

~ I just don't get Lady Gaga. Someone please explain it to me.

~ Pink is so amazingly talented, and she sounded better spinning and upside down than any Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus talentless pop star does post-studio.




~ Jon Bon Jovi: One of the many wonderful things to come out of New Jersey!

~ Taylor Swift seems like a really nice kid. Even though my ears are really sensitive to these kinds of things, I felt really bad that she and Stevie Nicks were off-key their entire performance. Also, does anyone else think she resembles Renee Zellweger?

~ I can't see Lionel Ritchie without laughing. You see, my mom blasted out the speakers in her car a while back by blasting "Hello." lmao



~Wearing 3-D glasses is fun, even if it makes me feel like the boomerang-fish-tossing guy from the Muppets, Lew Zealand. (He wore them in a movie, duh.)




~ The little girl from Earth Song is so freaking precious.




~ I sobbed like a baby for Prince & Paris.



~ I might be the only person in the world who knows that the three cousins behind Prince & Paris were Tito's sons. They had a group in the 90's called 3T. I have their album.

~ Thank goodness they followed the MJ tribute with Bon Jovi. It cheered me up. Good looking out, Grammy people.

~ Andrea Bocelli + Mary J. Blige = odd, but effective.


~ I wish Dave Matthews would enunciate.

~There you are, Ricky Martin! I've been so worried about you. I haven't seen you since your Puerto Rico travel commercials!


~ My overall reaction was, "I missed the new Duggar special for this?" Thank goodness for DVR!

0 comments:

Post a Comment