Monday, March 22, 2010

Thanks, Tree!

Tree over at Mother of Pearl It Is, one of my new favorite blogs, was so sweet to give me these awards:




For the "Beautiful Blogger" award you need to:
* Thank & link to the person that gave you the award.
* Pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
* Contact said Blogs and let them know they’ve won.
* State 7 things about yourself.

For the "One Lovely Blog Award" you need to:
* Thank & link to the person that gave you the award.
* Pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers you’ve recently discovered.
* Contact said Blogs and let them know they’ve won.

Now...I am passing the "One Lovely Blog Award" AND the "Beautiful Blogger Award" to 15 of my favorite ladies in Blog world:

Stacie from Simply Stacie: Besides the fantastic giveaways and reviews, Stacie is a pretty amazing woman

Lisa from Lisa Leonard Online: Lisa's jewelry and photography are eye candy, but her sweet stories, kids, and family love tug at the heart just as much.

Shauna from ShaunaGlenn.com: Is it 5 o'clock yet?: She just cracks me up!

Jamie from Being Jamie Lynn: Jamie is fun, sweet, and inspirational.

Kelly from M&K in Sickness and Health: Kelly is always in my heart and smiles through the toughest situations.

Maria from A Mind Lively and at Ease: I found Maria by reading her superb memoir, Ukrainian Vignettes. She's a talented writer with fascinating views on life.

Courtnee from Moments of Whimsy: If only I were as stylish as my pal Courtnee. She is also great for advice, and a fabulous mom.

Katie from Katie the Reader and Writer: I was lucky enough to get the most wonderful in-laws. Katie is my cousin by marriage, and also now one of my closest friends. You'll find book reviews and other musings at her blog.

Jenn at Life with Loaf: Here, Jenn chronicles her pregnancy. Check out her beauty blog, Jenn XOXO's Beauty Blog. This girl is so talented!

Solanah from Vixen Vintage: I want to be her, or at least spend one day with her wardrobe.

Eva from thefourthdoor: A college pal, E can DIY anything!

Bianca from Goodnight Little Spoon: Her mail art is extraordinary.

Alli from Alli's Original's Blog: Alli makes beautiful jewelry and tells her adoption story on her blog.

Monica from Monica Wants It: Monica is the queen of finding good deals at Goodwill and turning them into lovely decor. She's also quite funny and very supportive.

Lily from Adventures of a Military Family of 8: I just don't know how she does it!

Check these blogs out! Ladies, if I did pick your blog, feel free to pass the awards along, or ignore them. : ) If I didn't pick your blog, it doesn't mean I don't love you! Feel free to participate anyway.

And now for the 7 facts about me:

1. I have ridiculous irrational fears, including but not limited to Kevin Bacon and search lights.

2. I can "name that episode" of The Brady Bunch in 3 seconds.

3. I know an endless amount of fun facts/ useless trivia and will randomly spew them out, resulting in my sounding not unlike the Rainman in various social settings. ha!

4. I was the youngest person in NJ to get a boating license, but I can't swim, even though my husband is a swim coach. Fear of drowning (a result of being held under water by a cousin when I was 7) keeps me on the sand or deck, getting a tan.

5. I've never really traveled, but I'd like to. I went to Canada when I was 2 (so I don't really remember it) and to Puerto Rico for a weekend a couple of years ago, but I don't really count that as leaving the country.

6. It was my dream to sing on Broadway, but I don't see that happening. I really miss singing.

7. When I first started dating Jeff, I thought it would be a two-week fling.

Tell me a few fun facts about yourself!







3 comments:

JennXOXO said...

I love your 7 fun facts especially #3! Whenever my family goes on vacation we always play a useless fact game where we try to stump each other with useless facts.
I laughed at #1. Why is Kevin Bacon an irrational fear of yours lol.

JennXOXO said...

Oh I forgot to add, thanks for tagging me :) I'm still thinking of my 7 facts then I'll post it.

Tree said...

You're welcome! And I HAVE to hear the story of Kevin Bacon and search lights. LOL I also love the Brady Bunch.

Just stopping by on this beautiful day in Jersey (finally...tee hee) to show you some comment luv!

Tree (aka Mother of Pearl)

P.S. I would love to invite you to join our new community network for moms...Mommies Faves Mom Bloggers Network. Hope to see you there soon!

Post a Comment