Tuesday, April 20, 2010

11 month check in

I have no idea how the last 11 months have gone by so quickly. Jeff and I have been married almost a year, and it feels like time flew.

I recall that before we got married, several of my (disgruntled? dissatisfied?) friends/coworkers were advising me not to get married. Those who were "happily" married said marriage didn't change anything for them.

I disagree.

Somehow, being married to Jeff makes me feel closer to him, in this cosmic, no-way-to-explain-it kind of way. There's something about knowing that we are forever linked that is comforting, secure, and makes me feel rich all the way down to my soul. Sometimes I look at him and think in disbelief, "Wow, I really get to keep him?"

I still feel like a newlywed, and probably will for a long time.




0 comments:

Post a Comment